August 8, 2016
Welcome to the new school year! I hope you and your family have had a relaxing and enjoyable summer break!
We are excited to begin the 2016-2017 school year. Administrators, teachers, and staff have been gearing up to make this school year our best year yet! Over the next two weeks, teachers will be returning to the district for various professional development opportunities to receive trainings on programs such as Schoology, Fountas and Pinnell’s Leveled-Literacy Program, Saxon-Spelling Program, i-Ready Diagnostic Assessments, Progressbook, and more. We are proud of our teachers and their commitment to provide the best educational experience for the students of Bloom-Carroll Local Schools.
In our efforts to provide top-quality education, we are constantly evaluating and improving our curriculum offerings at all grades levels. This year, we are excited to be adding a several new programs, many of which have a blended curriculum format (both printed and digital resources).
New programs being implemented for the 2016-2017 school year include the following:
· Social Studies Grades 5-11 – Houghton Mifflin – (Printed and Digital Resources)
· Social Studies Grades 4 – The Ohio Adventure – (Printed and Digital Resources)
· Social Studies Grades 2-3 – National Geographic Supplemental Materials
· Math –Grades K-8 – Pearson’s Envision Math 2.0 – (Printed and Digital Resources)
· Science Grades 3-4 – National Geographic – (Printed and Digital Resources)
· Saxon Spelling Program – Grades K-2
Teachers will be sending home information over the first few days of school on how to access the digital resources for each program. Most programs with digital resources will require a username and password. Be watching for information from your teacher during the first weeks of school regarding these online programs.
I encourage you to visit our website on a regular basis to stay informed on updates, news, and events of the district.
Once again, welcome back! And let’s make this year the best one yet!